Sunday, January 15, 2012

Asiana Economy (LAX - ICN - TPE)

Its been a while since I actually flew this particular flight from LAX (Los Angeles) to TPE (Taipei) but it was certainly a pleasant and memorable experience flying with Asiana.  Here's a picture of my ride from LA to Incheon airport.


I had selected the bibimbap meal option which had anchovies as a side and some mango cake.  The bibimbap was quite good, considering it was just airplane fare and the steaming hot rice coming from a packet was a bit amusing.


The hot pepper paste was good and not too spicy (for me anyway), and I was pleasantly surprised to see kimchi on the plane =)


Breakfast was a pretty standard eggs, ham and hash browns with a side of yogurt and fruits.


The chairs were relatively comfortable and I must say that the airline attendants were quite professional and welcoming, perhaps more so than the ones on Cathay Pacific.  Incheon airport was my stopover for a few hours before my afternoon flight and it was certainly one of the more pleasant airport experiences I've ever had.

My food from the short hop from Incheon to Taipei:


Overall, I was very happy with flying Asiana - particularly the service and food. Should I get another chance to fly via Incheon with Asiana Airlines, I would most definitely choose to do so. For those frequent flyers collecting miles in Star Alliance programs, I'd definitely recommend selecting redeeming flights on Asiana if possible, particularly if the alternatives are United Continental, US Airways or Air Canada if you're flying from North America as their products are really incomparable. While I've yet to fly on ANA or Air China, two other major Asian carriers currently in the Star Alliance, its unlikely you'll go wrong with Asiana, one of the few international five-star airlines rated by Skytrax.

No comments:

Post a Comment